If you laid the number of LEGO® bricks that are sold in one year end to end, you would go around the world more than 5 times. Five times! Children spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks. If your child is one of them, which they most likely are, then they are going to love LEGO KidsFest, a giant LEGO expo that will be at the Austin Convention Center Friday, August 31 – Sunday, September 2.
LEGO KidsFest will be three acres full of LEGO awesomeness! Activities ranging from a LEGO Model Gallery which will feature 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks, to Race Ramps where you can build your own custom car and race it down the ramp. That’s just the beginning. At LEGO KidsFest your little builder can get immersed in the Brick Pile, a humongoid pile of LEGO bricks for creative play and fun. They can play LEGO board games in the Games Arena. They can add a piece to the custom map of the US at Creation Nation and they can get a lesson in LEGO expertise thanks to live demonstrations from LEGO Master Builders.
LEGO KidsFest is broken up into five different sessions that are as follows:
Friday, August 31:
- Session I - 9 am – 1:30 pm
- Session II - 3 pm – 7:30 pm
- Session I – 9 am – 1:30 pm
- Session II – 3 pm – 7:30 pm
“LEGO Lands On Mars” Photo Contest
If you want to take your family to this FOR FREE then check this out: we got tickets, yes we do (<–supposed to be read in a sing-song manner)! For a chance to win a family 4-pack of tickets to Friday’s session of LEGO KidsFest, we want to see what your little builder can build. In honor of NASA successfully landing the Curiosity rover on Mars, we want to see your best spaceship, rover, or Mars inspired LEGO creation. So get out that mountain of LEGO bricks and start creating your masterpiece. Take a pic and send ‘em our way. We’ll post these pictures to our LEGO Photo Contest Facebook album for our fans to see and whoever gets the most “Likes” wins!
Lemme break it down now:
- Limit 1 photo entry per person
- Submit entry to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 21 at 11:59 pm.
- Photos will be added to Do512 Family’s Facebook Photo Album. “Like” your favorite photos and share the album with friends and family. Do what you can to get the most votes!
- Winner will be announced Thursday, August 23 at 2 pm.
- No super fancy professional photos, that makes it difficult for us normal people.
Start creating, we can’t wait to see what you’re Little LEGO Master can do! If you need some inspiration, check out our “LEGO® Lands On Mars” Photo Contest Inspiration board.