Some people may feel that going out to eat on Thanksgiving is cheating. Maybe it is, but who cares, it’s awesome to not have to worry about anything. Here are some restaurants open on Thanksgiving in Austin, and their special menus, some of which are offering Take Home Holiday Feasts!
** It is STRONGLY recommended that you make your reservations ASAP as many of these restaurants are most likely to get booked pretty quickly. Contact the place of your choosing as soon as you can! Also, the take home feasts usually have a cut-off date for ordering so you should get on that too if that’s your holiday plan. **
– Threadgill’s – Both North & South locations will be open from 10:30 am – 10 pm. They have several Thanksgiving-inspired menu options available, ranging from $11 – $14. You can see the full menu here. They are also doing a take home feast for $129.95, with additional sides ranging from $10 – $35. Check out the options here.
– Buca di Beppo is offering a dine-in and To Go feast with options that can feed anywhere from 3 – 20 people! They’ll have a Turkey Feast ranging from $45 – $90, and a traditional pasta option for $10 – $15. They’re also offering party pans to take home. Half-pans serve up to 10 people and will cost you $135. The Full-pans are $250 and serve up to 20 people. Check out all of the options here. They open at 11 am.
– Third Base doesn’t offer a special menu, but they’re worth mentioning because they have a great spot to watch the Cowboys and UT games. Third Base will be spending the morning with their families and will not be open until 2:30 pm.
– 24 diner will serve their Thanksgiving menu from 10:30 am until supplies last, and will be served in addition to their full menu. The whole shebang is $24 per person, see the options here. They will not be taking reservations, so good luck!
– TRIO at the Four Seasons Hotel will be open from 11 am – 6 pm and will be serving up a Thanksgiving Buffet in the Ballroom Foyer. The menu is a bit fancier than your tradition turkey day foods, check out the details here. The buffet will cost $78 for adults and $25 for kids.
– Crú will be open from noon until 9 pm and will be serving a delicious-looking menu with items like creamy goat cheese polenta and fall harvest butternut squash ravioli. And it’s a steal at $35 per person, kids 12 and under are half-off. See the menu here.
– Hoover’s Cooking, the place to go in Austin for comfort food, will be open from 11 am – 7 pm and will be offering take home options as well. Not sure about the prices, but I’m sure it will be fair. See a partial menu here, but they kick it old school so if you’re genuinely curious, give them a call or swing by.
– Hill’s Cafe will be open from 11 am – 4 pm and will be serving a standard menu with turkey, mashed potatoes and classic Thanksgiving sides. See the menu here. The yumness will be $15.95 for adults and $6.95 for 12 and under.
– McCormick & Shmick’s will be open from 11:30 am – 8 pm and will serve a fabulous turkey dinner for $24.95 a person, with a child’s plate available for $10.95. The dinner will start with a choice of butternut squash bisque or a walnut field greens salad, followed by turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, butternut suash and apple casserole, vegetables and cranberry sauce. Mmmm.
– Marie Callender’s is offering a beast of a take home menu with prices and options all over the board. You can pick and choose items or get a package of each option to get a little bit of everything. The full feasts range from $100 – $140 and serve anywhere from 4 – 8 people. Extra sides and other options range from $4 – $50. You can also take home a caramel pecan pumpkin mousse pie, say whaaaa? They’re in-house menu will be $19.99 for adults and $8.99 for kids. They open at 11 am, you can see their entire Thanksgiving menu here.
– The Carillon will have a Thanksgiving Brunch from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm with items like truffled white bean soup and cherry BBQ smoked brownies to make your mouth water. This fancy feast will be $65 for adults and $19.95 for kids. See the full menu here.
– The Corazon at Castle Hill will be open from noon – 4 pm and will serve traditional thanksgiving food with a Mexican flair. The menu looks sooo delish, check it out here. This feast will be $29.95 per person.
– Carmelo’s Ristorante will open their doors at 11 am and according to the website, closes at an unknown time? “Open 11 am continuously until…” I guess that means until supplies last. The Turkey special will be $19.95 for adults and $14 for the kids. See the menu here.
– The BakeHouse has a Thanksgiving feast like no other. You get unlimited seconds but you don’t have to wait in any buffet lines. Booya Granma! Check out the menu here. This feast will be $15.95 for adults, $6.95 for kids 4 – 12 and $12.95 for take out orders. Parties of 9 or more are requested to pre-order so that they are guaranteed to be accommodated.
– Of course Luby’s has a Thanksgiving special. From 11 am – 4 pm, get down on their Thanksgiving offerings for $10.99 per person, either dine-in or to go. They have a variety of options available from entire packaged feasts to add-ons and sides. Entire feast prices are $55 – $110, and they are also offering group plates at $7 – $11 per plate. Check out the entire menu here.
– The Driskill is having a Family Thanksgiving Feast from 10 am – 3 pm, with RSVP required by calling 512-391-7039. Adults will cost $65, children 6 – 12 will be $32.50 and 5 and under are free. The greatest thing about this feast is the price includes UNLIMITED CHAMPAGNE for those over 21. And a Donut station. Awesome. Check out the menu here.
– Cannoli Joe’s will be open from 11 am – 7 pm and will offer traditional Italian dishes in conjunction with their Thanksgiving menu. Try their Italian sausage cornbread stuffing! The turkey day feast will be $17.99 for adults and $7.99 for kids 4 – 12. Check out the menu here.
– III Forks is serving a special four course Thanksgiving Feast for $44.95 for adults and $15.95 for kids 12 and under. They will also have some steak and seafood options off their regular menu as well. See the menu here.
– finn & porter will be open from 2 – 8 pm and will be serving a 3-course menu complete with candied sweet potatoes and cinnamon potato gnocchi. The price will be $45 for adults and $20 for kids. See the full menu here.
– For the vegans and/or generally health-conscious people, Casa de Luz will have a Thanksgiving feast from 11:30 am – 8 pm for $14. Enjoy apple and raisin quinoa stuffing, sweet mashed potatoes, almondine green beans and more. See the full menu here.
There you have it, folks. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! If you have a favorite or know of something that isn’t listed, let us know.