Austin’s beacon of holiday goodness kicks off this weekend at Zilker Park. The Trail of Lights, which unofficially launches with a 5K Run on Saturday, December 7, will run every evening from 7:00 – 10:00 pm through Sunday, December 22 and include an abundance of music, food and entertainment options for the entire family (disability and special needs access begins at 6:15 pm). Admission to all events – excluding the 5K Run – is FREE!
For those interested in onsite parking or advanced access to the trail, ZiP Parking and Passes are available for purchase here. ZiP Passes provide guests with front-of-line access via a ZiP gate 45 minutes prior to general admission along with access to the ZiP Lounge. The lounge includes guaranteed seating with close proximity to the stage, private restrooms and HEAT. Please note that parking passes must be purchased in advance as they will not be available the evening of the event.
The trail of lights winds through 1.25 miles of Zilker Park and general admission for all events begins at 7 pm. Click on the date to be taken to the schedule and artist info.
- Saturday, December 7 – Trail of Lights 5K Run
- Sunday, December 8 – Grand Opening Ceremony including The Ransom Notes with D’Ette & Co. Dancers Rhythm Force & More
- Monday, December 9 – Hudson Moore with The Warren Hood Band, Margot & More
- Tuesday, December 10 – The Whiskey Sisters with Jump!, Henry + The Invisibles & More
- Wednesday, December 11 – Jeff Lofton with Allison Elementary Dragon Choir, Moxie Gymnastics & More
- Thursday, December 12 – 36th Infantry Band with Ruby Jane, Clint Small Choir and Orchestra & More
- Friday, December 13 – Austin High School Ballet Folklorico with David Ramirez, Avery Ranch Dance and Yoga & More
- Saturday, December 14 – Shirley McPhail School of Dance with Bollywood Shake & More
- Sunday, December 15 – Westridge Middle School Bass Choir with Austin’s Girl Choir & More
- Monday, December 16 – Tameca Jones with YMCA, Tapestry Dance Co. Junior Visions in Rhythm & More
- Tuesday, December 17 – The Wyldz with Outside Voice, Synergy Dance Studio & More
- Wednesday, December 18 – The Eggmen with Momentum Dance Co. of Alisa’s Dance Company & More
- Thursday, December 19 – Lamar Middle School Jazz Factory with Impact Dance Co. & More
- Friday, December 20 – Suzanna Choffel with Soul 2 Sole, Csárdás Hungarian Dancers & More
- Saturday, December 21 – Vallejo with Austin Civic Wind Ensemble-Concert Band & More
- Sunday, December 22 – Ray Benson with Turk Pipkin, Round Rock Repertory Dance Centre & More
Due to the popularity of this event, there is a lot of information about parking and access to the trail which can be found here.