Come enjoy Free First Sunday on March 2 at Bullock Texas State History Museum! That’s right, from 12 – 6 pm the entire family can explore three stories of artifacts showcasing the Story of Texas. There will also be plenty of fun, educational activities for the kids including story time and art projects. In addition, this Sunday’s event includes a special celebration of Texas Independence Day from 12 – 3 pm.
- Embrace your inner explorer! Meet Annette Lucksinger, author of Exploring Austin with Kids and make your own binoculars to explore the exhibits and beyond.
- Discover what maps can tell us about early Texans with special guests from the Texas General Land Office
- Show off what kind of Texan you are — make a wearable button, create your own state symbol and more!
- Get up close and personal with Texans from the past with drop-in living history performances from 1 – 2 pm.
- For kids ages 2 – 5, join story time from 2 – 3 pm to hear tales about legendary Texans.