There’s a new-ish food truck court open on Barton Springs Rd. called The Picnic. It’s in the perfect spot for those days when you go swimming at Barton Springs or play around at Zilker Park. You can find seafood po’boys, all natural snow cones, fried chicken and other awesome eats.
The coolest part about The Picnic is, by far, the parking lot! There is ample parking (depending on what time you go) and it is on-site, making this an easy trip.
Currently, here are the trucks residing at The Picnic:
- The Mighty Cone -> Food with a Hot ‘n’ Crunchy breading, served in a cone.
- Hey Cupcake! -> Cupcakes and ice cream!
- Hey!… You Gonna Eat or What? -> Creative and delicious sandwiches.
- Skinny Limits -> Fresh, raw juices, smoothies and all-natural snow cones.
- Tapas Bravas -> Authentic and inventive tapas.
- Ms P’s Electric Cock -> Hot, juicy, fried chicken.
- Turf N Surf -> Ridiculously delicious po’boys.
- The Seedling Truck -> Simple, seasonal and fresh.
- Hey Cupcake! is serving awesome ice cream combos like Cream Cheese Ice Cream with Red Velvet Cake Pieces and Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cake Pieces..mmmm…
- The court has several picnic tables, ALL COVERED WITH AN AWNING. Great news, since it is generally pretty warm in this great city.
- There’s a little something for everyone. You have seafood, ethnic cuisine, sandwiches, fried chicken and healthy fare.
- Skinny Limits’ snow cones are made with real fruit and have no artificial anything!
The Picnic is a great spot for families to grab a quick bite while they’re out and about. Swing by sometime!