Take the kids to meet butterflies and caterpillars on Monarch Appreciation Day at Zilker Botanical Garden on Saturday, September 12 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. This fun, family-friendly event will include lots of crafts for kids as well as gardening tips, a plant sale, lectures and more!
Check out all that’s happening at this event:
–> There will be lots of fun activities for children in the Oak Grove (near the Butterfly Garden). Kids can meet and greet caterpillars and butterflies, see a display bee hive and build a Bee house, make Wildflower Seed Balls and Butterfly Wings, create a Butterfly Mural, and get their faces painted!
–> The pollinator plant sale will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Oak Grove.
–> Monarch tagging and release will be offered in the Blachly Butterfly Trail and Garden at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
–> Sit in on one of these presentations:
- 11 a.m. – Texas Native Bees
- 1 p.m. – Monarch Waystations: A Monarch’s Field of Dreams
- 2 p.m. – Butterfly Gardening
This special event is free, but regular admission fees are still required.
- $1 for children (ages 3-12)
- $2 for adults, Austin resident (ages 13-61)
- $3 for adults, non-resident (ages 13-61)
- $1 for seniors (age 62 & over)