The Bullock Texas State History Museum is hosting a free party for families on Friday, Oct. 30 from 5-8 p.m. Put on your costumes and head over to the museum for their annual Spooktacular, a family-friendly Halloween extravaganza, featuring performances, games, art and more.
This year’s program will introduce children and their families to Texas “creepy crawlies” through activities and special screenings of Flight of the Butterflies in the IMAX Theatre. Get hands-on with spooky science from Girlstart and show off your Halloween costume for a special prize. FREE!
- Discover the creepy side of science with activities provided by Girlstart. Learn about nocturnal animals, climb into a portable planetarium, and much more!
- See the biggest butterflies ever with giant butterfly bikes from the Austin Bike Zoo on the Lone Star Plaza.
- See Flight of the Butterflies 3D for a special discounted rate of just $5.
- Decorate a bug jar to take home and catch your own creepy crawlies.
- Make a wildflower seed ball to plant more flowers for butterflies and bees.
- Hop in a creepy-crawly themed photo booth, try your hand at bug trivia, explore all three floors of exhibitions for free, and more!
Admission is free!
Have a spooky good time!