For over 50 years, the annual Zilker Garden Festival has been a one-stop, garden shopping destination when spring arrives in Austin. This family friendly event takes place in the Zilker Botanical Garden on Saturday, Mar. 28 and Sunday, Mar. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and includes tons of fun for kids including music, crafts, face painting and more.
- The annual Flower Show in the Garden Center – featuring judged designs and an array of horticultural specimens.
- Live music from the Soundstage in the Rose Garden – with a variety of musical offerings both afternoons.
- Gardening Talks under the big, white tent next to the Garden Center – where novice and seasoned gardeners will enjoy talks from local gardening experts.
- Enjoy tasty food offerings at the Food Court in the Oak Grove on the Escarpment Trail.
–> For Kids:
There’s always fun in the Kids’ Corner in the Rose Garden. Kids can build a birdhouse or bird feeder, make butterfly wings and masks, have their faces painted, and learn about plants from Master Gardeners.
Kids will also enjoy music in the Rose Garden from children’s entertainers:
- The Biscuit Brothers — Saturday, Mar. 28 at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Sara Hickman — Sunday, Mar. 29 at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Staci Gray — Sunday, Mar. 29 at 2 p.m.
–> Plant Sale:
Vendors from Austin and Central Texas will offer a variety of plants for sale – native and adapted annuals and perennials, cacti & succulents, veggies & herbs, orchids and tropicals. Shop for garden-themed arts & crafts, ceramic pottery, custom jewelry, handmade artistic clothing, herbal products and garden hats. Plan to arrive early and bring your wagon!
$8 Adults (age 12+), $4 Children (age 4-12), free for kids under age 4. Parking is $5.
For more information including a schedule of events and vendor map, please visit the Zilker Garden Festival website.