The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is such a gem in South Austin, featuring a gorgeous landscape where families can explore nature and soak in the beauty of the Central Texas. The Wildflower Center also hosts a variety of fun programs, including a big event this weekend! Bring the kids to the first annual Children’s Book Fair on Saturday, February 20 & Sunday, February 21 for visits with authors, kids’ music, cooking demos and hands-on activities. Kids can read outside, read inside, read about the outside while inside! Get the full schedule of events below.
–> Children’s Book Fair
Saturday, February 20, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Author Todd Michael St. Pierre appearance
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Barbara Beery’s Foodie Kids cooking demos
- 9:15 a.m. – Story Time at Little House: Frank Was A Monster Who Wanted To Dance
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Author signings with Keith Graves & Susan Holt Kralovansky
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – “Create Your Story” at Little House
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Diana Hutts Aston signs copies of A Seed is Sleepy
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Kathi Appelt signs Counting Crows, Miss Lady Bird’s Wildflowers, etc. & Joy Fisher Hein signs Miss Lady Bird’s Wildflowers
- noon – 1 p.m. – Mr. Habitat and the Otter Space Band perform in Courtyard
- 1:30 p.m. – Author Susan Holt Kralovansky reads Twelve Cowboys Ropin’, Little House
- 2:30 p.m. – Story Time at Little House: Miss Lady Bird’s Wildflowers
- 3:30 p.m. – Story Time at Little House: Counting Crows
–> Sunday, February 21, noon – 5 p.m.
- noon – 5 p.m. – Author Todd Michael St. Pierre appearance
- noon – 5 p.m. – Barbara Beery’s Foodie Kids cooking demos
- noon – 5 p.m. – Author signing with Kermit Cummings, J. Jaye Smith and Annette Lucksinger
- Noon – Story Time at Little House: Batty About Texas
- 1 – 4 p.m. – Author Suzanne Labry signing at the Store
- 1 – 3 p.m. – “Create Your Story” at the Little House
- 2 – 3 p.m. – Mr. Habitat and the Otter Space Band perform in courtyard
- 3:30 p.m. – Story Time at the Little House: A Backyard Birding Adventure
–> Admission: Admission to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and college students with ID, $4 for youth ages 5-17, and free for ages 4 & younger.
–> More Notable Upcoming Events at the Wildflower Center: Moonlight Hike
Sunday, February 21 and Monday, February 22, 7-9 p.m.
Teens (ages 16 and up) and adults are invited to explore the grounds of the Wildflower Center on 3-mile guided walks under the light of the moon. Guides will highlight the history of the Wildflower Center, chosen points of interest and seasonal highlights. You can register to participate online at wildflower.org/classes.