The UMLAUF Sculpture Garden and Museum presents Kids Kraft, a new series of Saturday art workshops for children. Throughout the summer, kids in grades K-2 can create amazing works of art using natural and recycled materials. Each week will focus on a new technique such as weaving, building mosaics and mobiles, creating installations, printmaking and more.
Workshops are held from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on the Saturdays listed below. Each session is only $10 for members and $15 non-members, and all art supplies are included. To register to participate, please click here.
Schedule & Themes of Kids Kraft Workshops:
- June 4 –> Blue-Prints: Make colorful Gyotaku prints and more.
- June 18 –> Crossing Lines: Use repurposed materials to create stamps and patterns.
- July 16 –> Fiber Frenzy: Incorporate new and found fabrics into a work of art.
- July 30 –> Mixed-up Media: Tell a story using collage and found materials.
- August 6 –> Shadow Sculptures: Use light to experiment with water, color and shadow.
- August 13 –> Mad Mobiles: Investigate kinetic sculpture.
To learn more about Kids Kraft and other programs at the UMLAUF Sculpture Garden and Museum, please click here to visit their website.
Take note that admission to the UMLAUF is FREE all summer (June 1 – August 31) thanks to generous donors who gave through Amplify Austin. Go check it out!