Come see a new take on Shakespeare’s The Merry Wives of Windsor at Austin Scottish Rite Theater. They are teaming up with The Weird Sisters Women’s Theater Collective for this rollicking, cross-gender-cast period piece that runs August 25 through September 10. Legendary performance artist Terry Galloway leads the ensemble as Falstaff in time-honored Shakespearean tradition of cross-casting: male roles are played by women, and female roles are played by men. With period music and costuming by Jennifer Rose Davis, audiences will enjoy the Bard’s original words in this new production. Scroll below to enter to win a 4-pack of tickets!
- Thursday, August 25 — 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 26 — 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 28 — 2 p.m.
- Thursday, September 1 — 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 2 — 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 3 — 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 9 — 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 10 — 2 p.m.
Tickets: General admission is $20, and a $5 discount is offered to students, seniors 65+, and disabled audience members. You can purchase tickets online here.
–> Ticket Giveaway! We have a 4-pack of tickets to give away to the show on Sunday, August 28 at 2 p.m. Enter below. Good luck!