We’re excited to share the news of another year of free Movies in the Park, hosted by the Austin Parks Foundation! We’re marking our calendars to spend some nights under the stars at this series of films in parks all over Austin, brought to you in partnership with Alamo Drafthouse and presented by Carvana. Do512 Family is also a proud sponsor of these movie nights, and we can’t wait to join you all for some family fun!
Mark your calendars for these spring and fall Movies in the Park! You’ll notice that this season features films from 1992 in celebration of Austin Parks Foundation’s 25th anniversary! Here’s the lineup:
- Aladdin @ Patterson Park — March 9, 7 p.m.
- Batman Returns @ Pease Park — April 6, 8 p.m.
- Ferngully @ Palm Park — April 20, 8:30 p.m.
- A League of Their Own @ Northwest District Park — May 4, 8:30 p.m.
- Aladdin (Spanish Dub) @ Dove Springs Rec Center — May 18, 8:45 p.m.
- Sister Act @ Rosewood Park — June 1, 8:45 p.m.
- Mighty Ducks @ Dick Nichols Park — June 13, 9 p.m.
- Wayne’s World @ Pease Park — September 14, 8 p.m.
- Death Becomes Her @ Pan Am Park — October 19, 7:15 p.m.
- Muppet Christmas Carol @ Ramsey Park — November 9, 6 p.m.
This film series is a great way to connect with friends and celebrate Austin living at it’s best. Kick back on a blanket, pack a picnic, let the kids run in the grass, and enjoy time with the family. Dogs, picnics and lawn chairs are welcome. Alcoholic beverages, glass and styrofoam are not permitted. Smoking is also prohibited in the park, per city law.
To learn more about the Movies in the Park series, you can visit the Austin Parks Foundation website.