Take the whole family to Austin’s free two-day arts festival — the 35th Annual Fall Pecan Street Festival — in the historic, downtown 6th Street district on Saturday, Sept. 26 from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 27 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. This fun event includes over 300 arts and crafts vendors from all over the world, more than 50 local musicians, food vendors, and fun activities for the kids, including a petting zoo, face-painting, street magicians and more.
The Pecan Street Festival is an Austin tradition, with events held every first weekend in May and every last weekend in September. This festival brings thousands of locals and visitors downtown while also raising money for local non-profits.
Besides the wide variety of art mediums showcased at this event, you’ll also find a diverse crowd as well as a diverse lineup of entertainment. Enjoy live music, food, street performers, magicians, inflatables for kids, interactive workshops, and more. And of course, you can count on great shopping for handmade goods.
–> Schedule, Map & Getting There:
- Admission to this festival is FREE!
- For the music lineup and schedule, click here.
- For the list of arts, crafts, and food vendors, click here.
- For a festival map, click here.
- You’re definitely encouraged to take ride bikes, walk, or take Capital Metro to get to the festival.
- For more info, you can visit the Pecan Street Festival website or Facebook page.
One lucky Do512 Family reader will win a Pecan Street Festival prize pack which includes four $10 certificates ($40 total) that are good for any purchase from arts, crafts or food vendors. Enter below. Good luck!
Giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!
– Photos from the Pecan Street Festival Facebook page