Austin City Limits Music Festival is coming up on September 30 – October 2 and October 7-9 in Zilker Park. Tickets are selling fast, and we don’t want you to miss out on any of the fun. We LOVE this awesome 3-day Fest, and we want to share 5 reasons why we think you’re going to want to go, too…
1. Music. Of course we’re starting with the most the obvious reason here, but seriously this year’s line-up is insane. Radiohead, Mumford & Sons, Willie Nelson, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Stapleton, LCD Soundsystem, Haim, M83 and SO much more! ACL Festival features a very diverse lineup of acts with 8 stages and more than 130 bands Click here for the full line-up info for both weekends.
2. You can bring the kids! No babysitter, no problem. ACL Music Fest is free for children ages 10 and under with a parent who has a wristband. The Austin Kiddie Limits section of Zilker Park is a wonderland for your mini rockers. They can jam out to live shows from children’s entertainers, make crafts, play instruments, get temporary tattoos, get their hair styled like a punk rocker and more. Wondering what to pack, where to park, how to navigate the park with kids? We’ve got you covered. Read last year’s Tips for Taking the Kids to ACL Music Fest!
3. Food. the ACL Eats section of the festival offers tacos, burgers, vegan fare, ice cream and so many delicious things from approximately 30 local vendors. We love how the food is really hand-picked to represent Austin’s dining scene. This year’s official menu is not out yet, but we know we can count on annual favorites that are far from the standard festival food (not just turkey legs and funnel cakes around here.)
4. Shopping. I know the idea of shopping at a music festival might sound weird, but not at ACL. You’ll find a big variety of local & national vendors selling everything from hats, boots, clothes, jewelry, art and more.
5. Making Memories. We love going to ACL every year, and we enjoy taking the family. It’s a pretty cool experience to be able to introduce the kids to such a variety of amazing musicians in one place. We certainly cherish the memories of festing with friends and fam each year, and always look forward to this annual tradition.
–> Tickets: General Admission 1-day tickets are still available for Friday and Sunday of both weekends for $100/each. Click here to purchase tickets online.
For more info, please visit www.aclfestival.com.