Thinking about taking the kids with you to Austin City Limits Music Festival this year? Yes, do it! Kids ages 10 and under get in FREE with a ticketed adult. Plus, the festival organizers go to great lengths to make sure children have music and activities geared just for them in the Austin Kiddie Limits area of Zilker Park during both weekends of the festival (September 30 – October 2 & October 7-9). This year, there are some really sweet new additions for parents including a special family friendly entrance, more shade and lounge areas, extended hours of kids activities — and more!
Read the full scoop on all of this year’s awesome plans for Austin Kiddie Limits, presented by Lifeway. You can also scroll below for a chance to win festival passes!
–> Austin Kiddie Limits 2016:
Within Austin Kiddie Limits, you’ll find a stage with a solid lineup of children’s performers who were hand-picked to get the kids dancing as well as plenty of hands-on activities to keep the kids busy.
New for 2016:
- Shaded location: Austin Kiddie Limits has moved to a new shaded location at the South end of Zilker Park.
- Extended hours: AKL will be open from 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. every day during both weekends of the festival!
- New lounge areas: Grab a seat and relax as a family or watch your kiddos create, play and explore what Austin Kiddie Limits has to offer while you take a break.
- Family friendly entrance: You can bring the kiddos through the new family entrance off Barton Springs Road (just outside of the new Austin Kiddie Limits location) or look for stroller-friendly family lanes at both main gates.
- Q Brothers
- Jazzy Ash & The Leaping Lizards (Weekend One Only)
- Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band (Weekend One Only)
- Sonia De Los Santos (Weekend Two Only)
- KB Whirly (Weekend Two Only)
- School of Rock
- Kupira Marimba
- Nakia & The Barton Hills Choir
— Activities: In addition to the music, Austin Kiddie Limits offers a ton of FREE activities for the kids, including:
- Lifeway Kefir’s Art Mural Wall
- Punk Hairdoos
- Building Station
- Daily Dance Party
- HomeAway’s #WholeVacation Family Photo Booth
- Make Your Own Tote Bag
- Ping Pong Tables
- Circus Troupe
- Land of Nod
- Mike Marconetti’s Drum Zone
- Silent Headphone Concert
- Q Brothers Hip Hop Workshop
— Refreshments: While you can certainly find plenty of delicious bites in the ACL Eats section of Zilker Park, you’ll also find these vendors helping keep the kids cool near all of the kids’ activities:
- Alex’s Lemonade
- Snow Cones with Snowie
— Family Services Tent: Within the Austin Kiddie Limits area, you’ll also find a small, private tent where nursing and expectant mothers can go to change a baby’s diapers, breast feed or have privacy to use a breast pump. The Family Services tent closes at 7 p.m. Friday-Sunday.
— Tag-a-Kid Service: Once you’re in the park visit the Tag-a- Kid tent at the Family Entrance or the Info Tent at the Main Entrance where parents can register their kids with the festival and receive an RFID wristband. In the event that a child is separated from their parent, we have a reliable and fast way to reunite them.
–> More Info: For more info, please visit www.aclfestival.com. Be sure to check out transportation options, schedules, maps, a lineup of vendors, FAQs and more. Also note that 1-day tickets are still available for Sunday of both weekends.
–> Giveaway! We have a pair of general admission 3-day passes to Austin City Limits Music Festival to give away for Weekend Two (October 7-9). Please enter below. Good luck! Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best family events in Austin each week.