We’re very excited to share the news of another year of Movies in the Park, hosted by the Austin Parks Foundation! Do512 Family is a proud sponsor of these FREE movie nights because we think this is a great way to celebrate Austin living at its best. You can pack a picnic, relax on a blanket, and enjoy a fun night out with the family.Mark your calendars to spend some nights under the stars at this series of films in parks all over Austin, brought to you in partnership with Alamo Drafthouse. Here’s the 2018 lineup:
- Moana @ Ramsey Park — Mar. 8, 7 p.m.
- Lion King @ NW District Park — Apr. 5, 8:15 p.m.
- Emperor’s New Groove @ Dick Nichols Park — May 10, 8:45 p.m.
- Coco @ Dove Springs Park — May 17, 8:45 p.m.
- How to Train Your Dragon @ Patterson Park — June 21, 9 p.m.
- 10 Things I Hate About You @ Martin Multipurpose Fields — Aug. 16, 8:30 p.m.
- Beauty and the Beast @ Adams Hemphill Park — Sept. 6, 8:15 p.m.
- Hook @ Govalle Park — Sept. 20, 8 p.m.
- Practical Magic @ Palm Park — Oct. 25, 7:15 p.m.
- Selena @ Republic Square Park — Nov. 8, 6 p.m.
There is a rain date set for each film in the case of bad weather, and the best way to keep up with any last-minute changes is to follow Austin Parks Foundation on Facebook and Twitter. (We’ll be sure to let you know on our social media channels, too.)
Dogs, picnics and lawn chairs are welcome. Alcoholic beverages, glass and styrofoam are not permitted. Smoking is also prohibited in the park, per city law. Recycling bins are provided, but please plan to pack out your own trash and keep the parks clean.
To learn more about the Movies in the Park series, you can visit the Austin Parks Foundation website.