Check out the amazing sights at the 4th annual Balloons Over Horseshoe Bay event at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch during Easter weekend, March 25-27, where you can see a beautiful assortment of hot air balloons, listen to live music, watch sky divers and powered parachutes, enjoy face painting, rock climbing, children’s entertainment and a lot more! (Scroll below to enter to win day passes!)
This spectacular event is split up into three days of fun. Friday and Sunday’s schedule includes many special events to those who purchase a VIP Package, which includes hotel stay, tethered hot-air balloon rides, a Sunday Brunch and more. Saturday events, including a concert with Ed Kowalczyk and the balloon glow, are open to the public who purchase day passes for $20, and kids 12 and under are FREE!
–> Friday, March 25, 2016
(Open to Horseshoe Bay Resort VIP Festival Package guests, Sponsors and Club Members only)
6-9 p.m. — VIP & Sponsor Kick-off Party
- Opening Ceremonies
- Sponsor Meet and Greet
- Live Music – The Crush Party Band
- Arts & Crafts Vendor Fair
- Texas Hill Country BBQ Dinner Buffet
- Wine Tasting
- Pilot Introductions
- Balloon Glow-full illumination of 20 hot air balloons! Bring your cameras!
- Tethered Balloon Rides
–> Saturday, March 26: Open to the PUBLIC, Horseshoe Bay Resort VIP Festival Packages guests and Club Members.
Morning Session :
- 6:30 a.m. — Gates Open at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch
- 7 a.m. — Balloon Ascension Begins -watch 20 hot air balloons ascend into the sky
- 7:30 a.m. — Face Painting, Balloon Artists, Henna Painter
- 8 a.m. — Rock Climbing Wall and Bungee Trampoline for Kids
- 8:45 a.m. — Safari Greg Animal Show
— GATES CLOSED from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- 4 p.m. — Gates Open at Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch
- 4 p.m. — Rock Climbing Wall and Bungee Trampoline Opens
- 4:15 p.m. — Magic & Comedy Show – Main Stage
- 4:30 p.m. — Wine Tasting starts and Arts & Crafts Vendor Fair opens
- 5 p.m. — Safari Greg Animal Show
- 5:15 p.m. — Powered Parachutes Demonstration
- 5:45 p.m. — Safari Greg Animal Show
- 5:45 p.m. — Milkdrive Live in Concert
- 6:30 p.m. — Opening Ceremonies and Sky Divers
- 7:30 p.m. — Balloon Glow Set Up begins
- 8 p.m. — 2016 Balloon Glow Finale at Balloons over Horseshoe Bay Resort
- 8:30 p.m. — Ed Kowalczyk Live in Concert
- 10 p.m. — Conclusion
- 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Private Balloon Rides at Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch (not open to the public-only reserved guests and Members)
- 10 a.m. — Easter Grand Buffet Brunch at Palm D’ Or Pavilion
–> More Information:
Please take note that all events are weather permitting. Blankets and fold-up chairs are encouraged. And of course, bring your camera! No outside food or beverages will be allowed. There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets. Click here for an FAQ about attending the event. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit the balloonsoverhsbresort.com.
–> Giveaway: We have a 4-pack of Saturday passes to give away to a lucky reader! Enter below. Good luck. Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best Austin family events each week.