The 2nd Annual CelebrASIA Austin: An Asian Pacific American Food and Heritage Festival takes place on Saturday, May 2 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Asian American Resource Center. Everyone’s invited to attend this food festival! You can watch the exciting Battle of the Asian Food Trucks and vote for a winner. Enjoy cultural performances, a ukulele choir, hula and drumming. Kids can have fun with crafts, games, moon bounce, balloons and more.
–> CelebrASIA Austin Schedule:
- 11 a.m., Event and Asian Food Truck Battle opens
- 11 – 11:30 a.m., Kona Isle Ukulele Choir
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Food demonstration: How-to’s of Coconut
- 12 – 12:30 p.m., Tropical Productions Interactive Hula and Drumming
- 12:30 – 1 p.m., Judges’ Coconut Recipes + Meet and Greet
- 1 – 2:45 p.m., Cultural Performances, presented by the Network of Asian American Organizations
- 2:45 p.m., Food Truck Battle Winners announced
- 3 p.m, . Event closes
Admission is free! But your taste buds will surely be tempted with all of the delicous food for sale, so bring cash for food purchases. If you wish to vote in the Food Truck Battle, tasting ballots will cost $20.
For more info, visit the AARC website.