On Wednesday, Nov. 11, we celebrate Veterans Day and honor all who served in the U.S. Armed Forces. Below you’ll find a list of several Veterans Day events and celebrations in the Austin area.
- Austin Aquarium: Free admission for active, inactive and retired military at the aquarium.
- LBJ Presidential Library: While active military can visit for free anytime, on Veteran’s Day admission is free for all visitors this day.
- iPic Theatres at the Domain: Veterans will receive one free premium movie ticket with a valid Military ID. Tickets must be purchased on-site.
- Stars vs. Stripes Veterans Day Softball with the Texas Longhorns: Sun City Texas Veterans will join forces with the Texas Longhorns for a fun, slow-pitch Veterans’ Day match-up! Root for the “Stars” & “Stripes” at McCombs Field. The fun begins at 6 p.m., admission is FREE, and parking is free in UT lots 103 & 115.
–> Parades & Ceremonies on Wednesday, Nov. 11:
- Austin Veterans Day Parade, 9:30 a.m.
Parade will proceed up Congress Ave. to the Texas State Capitol. The Memorial Ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. on the south steps of the State Capitol. Click here for full details.
- Round Rock Veterans Day Ceremony @ Veterans Park, 11 a.m.
There will be a presentation of colors, acknowledgement of military veterans, patriotic music and dedication of recognition plaques for the Veterans Monument.
- Pflugerville Veterans Day Ceremony @ Fallen Warrior Memorial in Pfluger Park, 11 a.m.
Everyone is welcome at the annual recognition ceremony held at the Fallen Warrior Memorial in Pfluger Park where it meets Gilleland Creek Park, east of the gazebo.
- Georgetown Veterans Day Ceremony @ Veterans Memorial Plaza, 11 a.m.
Each year, the Sun City Texas Community Association is proud to host the annual Veterans Day Ceremony at the Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial Plaza.
Thank you to all who have served.