The Cherrywood neighborhood in East Austin invites everyone to join them for the 20th Cherrywood Plant & Book Swap on Saturday, Oct.18 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Clean out your garden beds and sort through your bookshelves and bring items to swap! The free event will take place in the pocket park, Cherrywood Green (Cherrywood Rd. and E 34th St.), and includes, story time, music, nature crafts, and a photo booth.
- Maplewood librarian Amanda Braziel will read The Origami Master by Nathaniel Lachenmeyer and help kids fold cranes afterwards.
- Author and illustrator Misha Blaise will read her new children’s book My Wondrous Cloud Odyssey.
- Jennifer Potter-Miller will run a gardening-themed photo booth.
- The East Austin Compost Pedallers will be at the swap with compost samples available to help get your new plants established.
- Cherrywood Urban Farm will share seeds.
- Travis County Master Gardeners will be there to talk about what grows best in Austin and how to care for your garden.