Get ready to have some “pfun” this weekend at the 39th Annual Deutschen Pfest at Pfluger Park in Pflugerville. The event will kick off on Friday, May 16 and continue through Sunday, May 18. There will be a FREE children’s area with petting zoo, kiddie train, inflatables and puppet shows.
Inside the Deutschen Pfest area guests will enjoy jugglers, carnival rides, and live music throughout the three day event. On Saturday, bring the kids out to watch or even participate in the children’s parade which kicks off at 10:45 am on Main Street. Awards will be given for the best German theme, most decorative wagon/bicycle, most creative entry, and youngest participant- so get creative! Directly following the children’s parade, stick around to listen to local high school marching bands and drool over the classic cars in the main parade.
If you have a little runner at home, consider participating in Sunday’s 5k Pfun Run, Walk or Kids 1K. The race begins at 8 am with race day registration taking place from 6:30 – 7:30 am. Adult 5K registration is $35 and the Kids 1K is $15. Pfun Run participants will receive a race t-shirt that will gain them free entry to the Deutschen Pfest!
Deutschen Pfest Schedule:
Friday, May 16
- 5 pm -> Lone Start Dance
- 6:30 – 9 pm -> Carl Hutchens and his Almost Big Band
- 9:30 pm -> Whiskey Sisters
Saturday, May 17
- 10:45 am -> Children’s Parade (Downtown Pflugerville/ Main Street, Oma and the Oompahs (Pfluger Park), Opening Ceremony at Pfluger Park
- Noon -> Yodel Blitz (main stage)
- 12:30 pm -> Children’s Area opens, Cele Middle School Jazz Band
- 2:30 pm -> Manor Drumline
- 3:00 pm -> Seven Dutchmen Orchestra (gazebo)
- 5:00 pm -> Pflame (Gilliland Hillside)
- 6:30 pm -> undisKovered (main stage)
- 9:30 pm -> SKYROCKET (main stage)
Sunday, May 18
- 8:00 am -> Deutschen Pfest 5K and Kids 1K (downtown Pflugerville)
- 11:00 am -> Festival Area Opens
- 11:30 am -> Lisa Marshall (main stage)
- 2:30 pm -> Carolyn Wonderland (main stage)
Know before you go:
– Admission is $5 for Friday, $7 for Saturday and $5 for Sunday. Children’s Area is FREE and those with race t-shirts get in to the Pfest for free!
– The is NO Pfest parking onsite. Take a free shuttle from Pflugerville High School or Brookhollow Elementary.
– No coolers, alcohol, bikes, skateboards or pets will be allowed in the Pfest area.
— Ellie Falcao