9 am – 1 pm, M – F -> in/out of office, flexible
Description: Your online writing skills will be put to good use crafting multiple daily blog posts that focus on family friendly fun happening in Austin, Texas. Your knowledge of Austin will keep content fresh and fun! You enjoy writing about the activities you do with your family and you like sharing your experiences with other parents in the area. Facebook and Twitter are second-nature to you and you follow trends and patterns and can craft engaging content in 140 characters. People click on your stuff! You also like telling other people what to write and can plan and execute an editorial calendar.
- Producing daily blog posts (3 minimum daily)
- Planning editorial calendar
- Sharing posts on social media channels
- Engaging readers via social media
- Following social media trends
- Trolling events and adding them to the Do512 Family calendar through our Admin system
- Coming up with compelling content for the blog
- Meeting deadlines
- Supervising off-site writers
- Must prove to be a competent writer, familiar with AP Style Guidelines and a master of the written English language. Must be able to provide samples – preferably online samples to assure that online skills are proficient.
- Skillful in WordPress
- A family person familiar with Austin and all it has to offer families
- Detailed and thorough
- Prominent user of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- You need a laptop 🙂
- Journalism/English degree
- Master at WordPress
- Experience managing social media business pages
At Do512, we listen to music (sometimes loudly) while we work. The office is generally buzzing with people coming and going, ideas being thrown about, jokes being told and the occasional impromptu happy hour. We want someone who will fit into this environment. In other words, don’t be lame. Speak up, share ideas, drink a beer – work hard and have fun with us.
–> If you are interested and capable, please send a cover letter with resume and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line JOB POSTING. We look forward to hearing from you!