We’re going to celebrate the arrival of summer with a BIG PARTY, and we want you and the kids to join us! On Friday, June 5, bring your family and friends to The Midway Food Park from 2-7 p.m. for music, food trucks, a magic show, a hula dance performance, an inflatable obstacle course, face painting and healthy activities as part of the Do512 Family Kick Off to Summer. Admission is FREE with RSVP!
The lineup of entertainers is pretty rad! Magician Black Bert will wow the kids with mystifying tricks. We’re honored to have World Champion Hula dancer, Uluwehi, perform traditional Hawaiian dances (and maybe we can pick up a few moves, too.) Parents and kids can rock out to the ’60s surf sounds from The Nematoads. Boss Street Brass Band will have everyone up and dancing with their mix of New Orleans Funk and Jazz. And the evening will wrap up with a highly entertaining show from Kev Bev and the Woodland Creatures who’s main goal is to “let people dance and have fun.” Oh yeah, we will for sure!
- 2 – 2:30 p.m. -> Magic Show with Magician Black Bert from Fantastic Magic Camp
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. -> Hula performance with World Champion, Uluwehi
- 3:45 – 4:30 p.m. -> The Nematoads (surf rock band)
- 4:45 – 5:30 p.m. -> Boss Street Brass Band
- 6 – 7 p.m. -> Kev Bev and the Woodland Creatures
We’ll also have an inflatable obstacle course and slide, face painting, and healthy activities from IT’S TIME TEXAS.
— Location: The Midway Food Park offers several local food trucks in a park-like setting, complete with picnic tables, a playscape for the kids, plenty of room to stretch out or play, restrooms and parking. And it’s BYOB! The Midway Food Park opens at 11 a.m. if you want to head over early. And if the parking lot fills up, don’t worry. It’s perfectly fine to park along the road, too.You can plan to purchase delicious bites from these food trucks on-site:
- Dock & Roll
- Royal Roots
- One Taco
- Thai Kitchen
- Cheesecake Experience
- Widespread Dave’s
- Burro Cheese Kitchen
- Korean Komfort
- Austin Scoops
– What to Bring: Bring the kids (of all ages) and bring your friends! While there are plenty of picnic tables at the Midway Food Park, you’re welcome to bring blankets to spread out, too. Bring cash for the food trucks (and for the face painter). You are welcome to bring one cooler for adult beverages and water. But other than that, no other food or drink is allowed into the park. You won’t need it, there are plenty of awesome food trucks serving up eats and treats!
Rain date: Please note that there is a rain date scheduled for June 12 if we should encounter bad weather.
We can’t wait to see you there!