Update: This event was originally scheduled for April 21 but has been moved to Sunday, April 29 due to weather complications.
Join your fellow Austinites at the annual Earth Day ATX festival on Sunday, April 29 from 12-7 p.m. at Huston-Tillotson University. Get to know many local eco-friendly organizations, enjoy music, food trucks, and lots of fun for the kids. With 3 outdoor stages and 9 activity areas full of hands-on discovery, Earth Day 2018 offers something exciting for everyone. Plus, this event is free and open to all to attend!
This year’s festival theme is “Reclaiming Power” with programming and activities focued around local power, human power, sustainable power, and much more! New interactive exhibits and hands-on activities will make for an unforgettable experience all afternoon.
- 3 Outdoor Stages — live music, speakers, interactive discussions
- Eco Discovery Zone: rainforest and planetarium sensory experience, science projects, VR, tornado simulator, and more!
- Kids Zone: AIA’s box city, natural playgrounds, face painting, games, and more!
- Kids Stage: featuring music, comedy, and workshops for kids!
- Outdoor Activity Area: rock climbing, obstacle courses, and more!
- World of Cycling: explore the world of biking!
- Community Justice Hub: learn about land development, displacement, and how code affects Austinites.
- Change Maker Cafe: learn how to get involved in local government and network with sustainability professionals!
- Modern Vehicle Exhibits: check out the cars of the future!
- National Parks Experience: Celebrate the National Parks Conservation
- Association history and unique features with real park rangers, family activities and outdoor fun.
- Movement & Wellness Zone: free group exercises ranging from acroyoga to cardio!
- Mobile River Bus: hop on the mobile river bus to learn about our watershed!
- Food Trucks & Food Vendors
- Bike Repair & Release Drive: donate a used bike or enter to win one!
- and more!
There are plenty of easy, eco-friendly transportation options to get you to and from the event including a shuttle from the Capitol. Click here for a full list of travel ideas. For a map of the festival and more details about logistics, click here.