Parents, we realize it’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind of playdates, school, diapers, bedtime hissy-fits and all of the other love and sunshine that comes from our cherished littles. It’s easy to feel out of touch.
But, we beg you to Get A Sitter, to go out with your significant other and your friends and see some bands or check out a new restaurant or bar. There is SO MUCH going on in this city, embrace it. In honor of our family over at Do512, here are some events to check out without the kids.
— Check out some bands! Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World, after all. Look who’s playing:
Friday, May 22:
- A Queen Tribute from MAGNIFICO @ The Highball, 11 p.m., $10
- The Gents @ Mohawk Austin, 9 p.m. $7 for 21+ and $9 for under 21
- Horse Thief @ Historic Scoot Inn, 8 p.m., 21+, $10 at the door
Saturday, May 23:
- Neon River featuring Ludacris & Girl Talk @ Whitewater Music Amphitheater, 6 p.m., $40 and up
- Purity Ring @ Stubb’s, 7 p.m, $25 day of show (ticket sales online here)
- Country Music Live with Pat Green and David Nail @ Nutty Brown Cafe, 6 p.m., $25 (tickets sales online here)
If you’re not in the mood for live music, enjoy something very unique on your time away from the kids and check out the Austin Weird Homes Tour from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. General admission tickets are $25. You can also purchase VIP tickets that include a party from 6-9 p.m. for $37. Purchase tickets online here.
Sunday, May 24:
- ShinyRibs Ice Cream Social Sunday Afternoon Show @ Luckenbach, TX, noon (click here for more info)
- Memorial Day Party with Ringo Deathstarr @ Hotel Vegas, 8 p.m.
Have fun out there!