On Sunday, Jan. 11, Ballet Austin wants to help you kick off your new fitness goals with free fitness classes for all ages at the Butler Dance Education Center from 1:30 – 5:30 p.m. Get Fit 2015 is a great opportunity to try something new, learn more about living healthy in 2015 and have fun! Plus, there are lots of family fitness options so you can bring the kids along. Try Family Yoga, Family Zumba®, Family World Dance.
— Free Classes:
Arms & Abs, Ballet Fit, Ballet/Yoga Fit, Better Balance & Movement, Bollywood Fitness, Cardio Dance & Tone, CardioPOP! Top 40’s Dance Fitness, Feldenkrais®, Foam Roller Stretch, Lower Body Workout, Pilates Ballet Barre Booty Workout, New Year’s Resolution Body Burn Workout, Pilates Cardio, Pilates Mat Workout, Stretch & Tone, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Yoga 101, Zumba®, Zumba Gold®, Zumba® for Families, Family Lion King Yoga, Family World Dance.
— Schedule of Family Classes:
You can click here for the full schedule & class descriptions, but here are the kid-friendly classes to keep in mind:
- Family Lion King Yoga – 2:30 p.m.
- Family Zumba® – 3 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Family World Dance – 4 p.m.
In addition to the free classes, you can also take part in free health screenings, BeWell talks and demos, and sample healthy food choices. You do not have to sign up in advance, but if you do, you will be entered into a prize drawing. Click here to register.
— Parking info:
- Free parking will be available between 1-5 p.m. at the State parking garage. This is the white parking garage directly across the street to the north of Ballet Austin (enter garage from San Antonio St. just north of 3rd St.)
- You can also park for free at the City Hall Garage 2 blocks east of Ballet Austin (enter garage from Lavaca St.). But you must exit this garage by 5 p.m.
- For more area parking information click here.