Calling all superheros…Don’t miss Family Night at the Thinkery on Friday, Jan. 15 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.! If you’ve ever dreamed of having super powers, this is your chance to put on your cape and your mask and come explore the science and engineering that make real-life super powers possible. Scroll down for the chance to win a 4-pack of tickets to this special event!
At the Get Super Powered Family Night event, the museum will be open after hours for this special party for kids of all ages. Children can explore what makes amazing feats possible and learn how scientists are studying nature to improve and create technology to expand our human abilities! And both parents and kids are invited to dress up as a favorite superhero (real or fictional).
Check out the awesome line-up of activities:
- Superhero Portraits – Step up to the Texas Portrait Booth by McLendon Photography to reveal your little superhero’s true identity.
- Super Songs – Directed by Dr. John McCann, the Tufts University Wind Ensemble performs film scores from The Avengers and The Incredibles.
- Jump as high as Superman – You could jump as high as a superhero if you were on the moon! Our Do512 Family team will be helping kids calculate how high they could jump.
- Super Strength – Can you lift a 500lb weight? Pulleys make it possible. Learn how simple machines give civilians the power to achieve greatness.
- Batman Action Figures – Austin Toy Museum presents the evolution of Batman, as represented in fully poseable plastic figure form.
- Ooofff! Bonk! Craack! – Hone your crime fighting skills with Austin Boxing Babes.
- Super Reader – Check out and take home books on superheroes and superpowers at the Austin Public Library pop up. Kids can sign up for their own library card on site!
- Holy Movie Premier, Batman! – Austin History Center, Austin Public Library presents images of the 1966 world premier of the first full-length Batman movie starring Adam West at Austin’s Paramount Theater.
- Superfoods – Explore foods that pack a nutritional punch with Whole Foods Market.
- Masked Avenger – Hide your real identity by making your own superhero mask. Ages 8 & up can sew theirs!
–> Tickets: Click here to purchase your tickets online.
- $15 Non-Member Adult
- $13 Non-Member Child
- $13 Member Adult
- $11 Member Child
- Free: Children under 2 years
We are delighted to be a media sponsor of this fun event, and we can’t wait to see you there! We are happily giving away a family 4-pack of tickets to the Get Super Powered Family Night! Enter below. Good luck!
*Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best Austin family events each week.