New year, new dedication to our healthy eating goals, right? We’re guessing that some of you are on similar diet and fitness routines as we are this winter, which we all know can be a little challenging. However, we’re happy to report that our favorite family friendly restaurant happens to have more healthy options than you might imagine. Our kids are always asking to go to Hat Creek Burger Company (naturally, they are big fans of the playgrounds), and we’re thankful that this restaurant lets everyone customize their menu — providing a really easy dining option when you’re counting calories and carbs and trying to please the kids.
Healthy eating at a burger restaurant might sound rather surprising, but it’s pretty easy to do at any of their locations. They offer several health-conscious menu options and will even cater to many dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegan and paleo. You can customize any order — swap buns for lettuce, enjoy a veggie grain burger, or opt for one of their delicious salads. Check out their full menu, but take note of take note of these great adjustments below.
Did you know?
- You can modify anything on the menu when ordering.
- Any burger can be wrapped in lettuce, making it gluten free and carb free.
- There are several salad options on the menu that you can customize to make paleo or vegan.
- You can opt for a Hot Dang vegetarian grain burger or a turkey burger for a leaner choice.
- Both breakfast bowls and burger bowls are available. These are not necessarily called out on each location’s menu, but just ask and you can order one anytime.
- Take note that chicken flashers and fried pickles use gluten free batter.
Additionally, Hat Creek is dedicated to using quality ingredients as well as supporting local companies. You’ll find that they use local Organic Vital farm eggs, Cuvee coffee, Yellowbird hot sauce (which is vegan) and many more.
In Austin Monthly’s 2017 reader’s poll, Hat Creek Burger Company was voted “Best Kid-Friendly Restaurant”, but this locally-owned restaurant aims to please all parents, too. It’s a place where kids can have some fun during mealtime (or even while you’re getting work done), where you can feel good about the food that you and the kids are eating.
You can check out any of their area locations — Westlake, Burnet Rd., Georgetown, Round Rock, The Domain, Buda, Lakeway or place your order online for pick-up when you’re on the go. For more info about Hat Creek, please visit their website and follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.