Want to be inspired by amazing women, make friends that will last a lifetime, expand your awareness on a variety of topics such as business, politics and culture as they relate to family? Join your fellow mamas at MomCom 2105: The Power of Motherhood where you can come together to learn from each other and harness your power for the greater good. Scroll below to enter to win a pair of tickets!
MomCom 2015 takes place on Saturday, November 7 at the Westin Austin Downtown, and is a day-long gathering of world-class speakers, such as Wendy Davis and Rabia Chaudry, telling real stories about motherhood as it relates to their careers, activism and everyday lives. You’ll discuss hot topics concerning mothers, build a great network of supportive moms, and truly be inspired. MomCom is a resource for motivated mothers who are turning their passions into actions.
–> Here’s a look at the day’s schedule:
- 8:30 a.m., Morning Reception with breakfast
- 9:30 a.m., Welcome & Opening Remarks with Trish Morrison
- 9:50 a.m., Single Motherhood and Resilience: Stories from the Edge, Rabia Chaudry
- 10:40 a.m., Saving for College: Everything a Mom Should Know, Betty Lochner
- 11:30 a.m., Morning Breakout Sessions:
— The Myth of Perfection: Get Down and Dirty with Your Money, Kara Ardis & Courtney Duncan
— Black and White: Motherhood and Race, Dr. Courtney Robinson • Laura Sovine, LMSW-AP
- 12:25 p.m., Networking Lunch
- 1:15 p.m., Afternoon Mini Sessions:
— Millennial Moms and Motherhood in the 21st Century, Anne Boysen
— The “M” Word, Laura Cisneros
- 2:30 p.m., Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
— Power in the Pivot: Taking Charge, Embracing Change and Doing What You Can, Laura Beck • Carla Birnberg • Karen Greenberg, RN FNP
— Redefining the Workplace: Insight from women in male-dominated professions, Virginia Woodruff • Tatiana Burge
- 3:35 p.m., Extraordinary Kids Don’t Just Happen, Amanda Quraishi • Yasmin Turk
- 4:35 p.m., Standing and Speaking from Each Other’s Shoes, Wendy Davis
- 5:30 p.m., Rooftop Reception
–> Registration & Discount: Click here to register to attend. You can choose from the following options:
- SuperHero Mom — $169, includes full conference, breakfast, lunch and post conference reception at the full rate. Save $30 when you enter code “Do512PowerMom”!
- Posse Mom (Table of Eight) — $125/per person. Get your besties together for the day and save money while sitting at a themed table of eight. Includes full conference, breakfast, lunch and post conference reception.
- Party Mom — $45, Can’t come to the whole event? Join your friends at the post conference reception. Enjoy drinks, heavy appetizers, friendship and fun on the rooftop pool deck of the Westin Austin Downtown.
To learn more about this event, please visit the MomCom Life website.
–> Ticket Giveaway: We have a pair of tickets to give away to a lucky reader. Enter below. Good luck!