Take the kids to meet butterflies, caterpillars, moths and more on Monarch Appreciation Day at Zilker Botanical Garden on Saturday, Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. This fun, family-friendly event will include lots of crafts for kids as well as gardening tips, a plant sale, guided tours of the Butterfly Trail, lectures, and more!
Check out all of the happenings at this event:
–> There will be lots of fun activities for children on the green lawn next to the Garden Center. Kids will be able to create wildflower seed balls and butterfly wings, build a bee house, get their faces painted, and meet and greet caterpillars, butterflies, and more!
–> The pollinator plant sale will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in front of the Garden Center entrance.
–> Guided tours of the Blachly Butterfly Trail and Garden will be offered at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
–> Sit in on one of these lectures:
- 10 a.m. – Best Practices for Pollinators
- 11 a.m. – What you can do to help bees: A beekeepers perspective
- 1 p.m. – Monarch Waystations: A Monarch’s Field of Dreams
- 2 p.m. – Wildlife Austin Habitat Challenge for Pollinator Gardens
This special event is free, but regular admission fees are still required.
- $1 for children (ages 3-12)
- $2 for adults, Austin resident (ages 13-61)
- $3 for adults, non-resident (ages 13-61)
- $1 for seniors (age 62 & over)