On Saturday, May 17 from 12 – 5 pm, make your way to Casa de Luz for the family friendly Natural Living Festival. The event will feature 100 percent whole food plant-based meals in the dining hall, children’s performers and entertainment, live music, health practitioners of various modalities, local and national product lines, vendors, samples and demos. And, it’s FREE!
Casa de Luz invites the community to come together to learn more about local resources that will help you and your family live a happy, sustainable life. Families can learn through lectures, demos, and mind-body classes. Kids can experience several options of activities and performances that will keep them engaged and learning. Have lunch or dinner at Casa de Luz during the fest and the kids can eat FREE (one kid’s meal per adult).
Family Performances & Activities:
- 12:15 pm -> Chinese Herbs – Learn about Chinese herbs, how they look and taste and how they can heal.This class is open to kids of any age WITH their parents (at least for the tasting part). RSVP here.
- 1 pm-> Laura Freeman & the Hey Lollies – Enjoy healthy music for kids, complete with an engaging puppet show.
- 2 pm -> PTC (Playing Tai Chi) – Get coached on the coordination of limbs and the embodiment of soft movements so that hardness may be overcome. Recommended for ages 7 – 12. RSVP here.
- 3 pm -> Hive and Go Seek – Performance by Deborah Hale and students from the Inside Outside School.
- 3:15 pm -> The Lonely Hearts Club – Beatles music!
- 1 – 4 pm -> Henna Tattoo Application by Zvezda Henna Designs.
- For more detailed descriptions of family performances and activities, click here.
- 12:30 pm -> Chen Style Tai Chi Basics – This class will focus on one’s foundation in Chen Style Tai Chi giving the practitioner something to build upon. RSVP here.
- 1:30 pm -> Organic movement – Come ready to play, no mat required. Use yoga, qigong, contact improv and ecstatic dance to connect to the intelligence and joy of the body and your spirit guiding it. RSVP here.
- 2:30 pm -> Sheng Zhen Gong, Oigong of Unconditional Love – Involves gentle movement, breath and stillness that nurtures your awareness and a kind relationship with your body and self. RSVP here.
- 3:15 pm -> Tai Chi Basics – Introduces Tai Chi principles and exercises to adults with limited experience. RSVP here.
- 4 pm -> Kundalini Yoga for Stress Relief – Kriya, meditation and gong relaxation. uses rhythm to relieve stress in the body, including a live gong. class is appropriate for adults and children over 12. RSVP here.
- 4 pm-> Hands to Stand On – Play with techniques to develop confidence, strength and flexibility in your arms and shoulders that will support your body-mind to make its way into various forms of standing on your hands. Learn the therapeutic benefits gained through yoga with your hands. RSVP here.
- For more detailed descriptions of mind-body classes, click here.
- 12 pm -> Enchanted Ground, Creating Sacred Space – Oakwalker, Shamanic Healer, Certified Clinical Herbalist, in Cielo South Room, RSVP here.
- 12 pm -> Breaking the Cycle of Sickness – Kateri Reyes, in Serena Room, RSVP here.
- 1 pm & 3 pm -> Regression Group Session – Yvonne Dreptate, at Outdoor Meditation Garden, RSVP here.
- 1 pm -> Meal Planning Made Easy w/ a book signing – Christy Morgan, in Cielo South Room, RSVP here.
- 1 pm -> Calcium Bentonite Clay, the safe, effective natural detox – Perry A, in Serena Room, RSVP here.
- 2 pm -> Herbs for Personal Development – William Morris, PhD, DAOM LAc 1009, in Serena Room, RSVP here.
- 2:30 pm -> Trigger Point Therapy for Self-Care – Kaya Kirks, LMT, in Cielo North Room, RSVP here.
- 3 pm -> Intro to Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture – Yaoping “Violet” Song, in Serena Room, RSVP here.
- 3:30 pm -> Longevity Training – Matt Fuhrmann, owner/chief instructor at Tao Health & Fitness, in Cielo South Room, RSVP here.
- For more detailed descriptions of speakers and their demos/lectures, click here.
There will also be a long list of vendors around to share the latest in health, sustainability, family fun, education, wellness, art, education and much, much more. Click here to see a full list.
It’s going to be a fun day, we’ll see you there!