Don’t you just love a good fall festival? Music, art, shopping, food, games for kids — what a fun way to spend a day outdoors entertaining everyone in the family. You can plan on all of this excitement and more at the 37th Annual Fall Pecan Street Festival in Austin’s Sixth Street Historic District on Saturday September 23 from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, September 24 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Plus, this longstanding Austin tradition is totally FREE to attend!
The Pecan Street Festival brings thousands of locals and visitors downtown each year for a weekend of fun (both in the fall and in the spring). You’ll find lots of family-friendly merriment including inflatables, face painting, balloons, a petting zoo and more. Plus you can listen to live music, get some tasty food and watch street performances. And of course, you’ll find a wonderful assortment of arts and crafts for sale.
–> Schedule, Map, Getting There:
- Admission to this festival is FREE!
- For the music lineup and schedule, click here.
- For the list of arts, crafts, and food vendors, click here.
- For a festival map, click here.
- You’re definitely encouraged to ride bikes, walk, or take Capital Metro to get to the festival. If you do wish to drive, you can use Spothero to reserve your parking spot in advance. Click here for details.
Did you know? The Pecan Street Association supports the Austin community by donating proceeds from the festival towards the preservation of historic 6th Street area in Austin.
Looking for more family-friendly fall fun?
Check out our round-up of Fall Festivals Around Austin.