Round Rock Express is hosting a FREE day of family-friendly activities at Dell Diamond. Saturday, Mar. 22 from 10 am – 2 pm, Fan Fest will be in full swing at the ballpark. Fans will have the chance to run the bases, hit in the batting cage, clock their fastball with speed pitch, challenge the “Fun Zone” rock wall and inflatables and a lot more.
There will be plenty to do, check it out:
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: Open to all fans, the competition will take place on top of the home dugout at noon. Fans can sign up ahead of time at this link.
- Batting Cages: Fans are invited to the Express’ indoor batting cages to take a few cuts where the pros practice. The batting cages are located just beyond the large video board in left-center field. Fans are encouraged to bring their own bats and helmets.
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen Food Tasting: From 11 am – 1 pm, fans are invited to the Intel Club to sample some delicious items that will be offered at Dell Diamond in 2014.
- Scavenger Hunt: Fans will embark on an self-guided tour of various areas of Dell Diamond. Each location will have a clue that will give fans more information on a unique aspect of the stadium and a hint for the next stop on the tour. Any fan who successfully completes the scavenger hunt will receive a Be Our Guest Card, good for two reserved-seat tickets for a regular-season Sunday through Thursday game.
- Shiner’s Carnival: West parking lot, hours TBD.
- The Mustang Owners Club of Austin Charity Car Show, 9 am – 2 pm: Suite parking lot (adjacent to Hwy 79)
- Kids Art Corner: Kids can visit the Dell Diamond Picnic Area for some artistic inspiration!
- Run The Bases: Fans will get a chance to race around the base paths just like their favorite Express players.
- Fan Photos: There will be fan photo booths in the first base dugout and in the clubhouse!
- Bullpen Pitching: Think you can throw some heat? Toe the rubber like the pros and toss a few pitches in the Express home bullpen!
- Express Fun Zone: Portions of the Express Fun Zone will be open, including the rock climbing wall, speed pitch, sport court and the bounce house.
See the full list of events here.
There is no cost to attend Fan Fest. Just gather up the family and head to Dell Diamond for some fun in the sun!