Who’s ready for some baseball? We’re excited for Round Rock Express games to start on Friday, April 17, but in the meantime, we can get a taste of all the fun to come at the Round Rock Express Fan Fest Open House on Saturday, Mar. 28. The Round Rock Express will open the gates of Dell Diamond to fans from 10 a.m – 2 p.m. for their annual Fan Fest. The event is free and open to the public. Immerse yourself in the baseball spirit with batting practice on the field, a hot dog eating contest, make your own baseball card, check out the Express Fun Zone’s rock climbing wall, bounce house and much more.
–> Express Fan Fest Activities:
- Bullpen Pitching: Think you can throw some heat? Toe the rubber like the pros and toss a few pitches in the Express home bullpen!
- Express Fun Zone: Portions of the Express Fun Zone will be open, including the rock climbing wall, speed pitch, sport court and the bounce house.
- Fan Batting Practice: Fans are invited down to the field to take a few cuts where the Express play. The Express will provide helmets and bats.
- Fan Photos: Stop in the Express clubhouse to get your very own baseball card photo made.
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: Open to all fans, the competition will take place on top of the home dugout at noon. Click here to sign up to participate.
- Junior Sluggers Kids Club Sign-Up: Young fans will be able to sign up for Junior Sluggers in the Railyard Team Store.
- Q & A Session: Everyone is invited to the Intel Club at for a question and answer session with Express Team President Jay Miller, General Manager Chris Almendarez, and the voice of the Express Mike Capps.
- Railyard Sale: The Railyard Team Store will have a sale with discounted merchandise, as well grab bags and a prize wheel.
- RS3 Food Tasting: Stop by the Intel Club to sample a few new and exciting food offerings coming to Dell Diamond.
- Scavenger Hunt: Fans will embark on a self-guided tour of various areas of Dell Diamond. Each location will have a clue that will give fans more information on a unique aspect of the stadium and a hint for the next stop on the tour. Any fan who successfully completes the scavenger hunt will receive a Be Our Guest Card, good for two reserved-seat tickets for a regular-season Sunday through Thursday game.
- Shriner’s Carnival: West parking lot, hours TBD.
- The Mustang Owners Club of Austin Charity Car Show: (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.) Suite parking lot (adjacent to Hwy 79)
- WCCHD Children’s Health Festival: United Heritage Center
Tickets for all Express games will be available for purchase during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online at www.RoundRockExpress.com. And while at the stadium, fans will have the opportunity to scope out the exact seat location for their season tickets.
For more info about this event, you can keep an eye on the Round Rock Express Facebook page.