Spring is here, and that means it’s time for baseball! Another season of Round Rock Express excitement is right around the corner (first home game is on Thursday, April 6), but in the meantime, you can enjoy tons of baseball fun at the Round Rock Express Fan Fest on Saturday, March 25. Dell Diamond will be open to fans from 10 a.m – 2 p.m. for their annual, free open house event. Batting practice on the field, a hot dog eating contest, petting zoo, scavenger hunt, a summer camp fair, and all of the kid action in the Express Fun Zone — you can bet there’s something for all ages at this event!
- Baseball Card Photos: Put on an Express jersey in the clubhouse and take your own baseball card photo – just like the pros!
- Batting Practice (10 a.m. – noon): Fans are invited down to the field to take a few cuts at home plate. The Express will provide helmets and bats.
- Beer Tasting: Brown Distributing will be providing beer tasting in the Beer Garden from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Ben Hur Shriner’s Carnival: The west parking lot will host the Ben Hur Shiner’s Carnival.
- Bullpen Pitching: Think you can throw some heat? Toe the rubber like the pros and toss a few pitches in the Express home bullpen!
- Catch on the Field: Bring your own ball and glove to run around and play catch in the outfield.
- Express Fun Zone: Portions of the Express Fun Zone will be open, including the rock climbing wall, speed pitch, sport court and the bounce house.
- Express Kids Club Sign-Up: Young fans will be able to sign up for the kids club on the concourse behind home plate and at Spike’s Dog House.
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: Open to all fans, the competition will take place at noon with both a kids and adult heat. Fans must sign up ahead of time online.
- Petting Zoo: The area under the first base gate awning will transform into a petting zoo filled with a variety of Spike’s four-legged friends.
- Railyard Sale: Stop by the Railyard Team Store and check out new merchandise and browse the annual sale.
- The Mustang Owners Club of Austin Charity Car Show: Come check out some of the coolest rides around in the suite parking lot (adjacent to Hwy 79).
- Scavenger Hunt: Fans will embark on a self-guided tour of various areas of Dell Diamond. Each location will have a clue that will give fans more information on a unique aspect of the stadium and a hint for the next stop on the tour. Any fan who successfully completes the scavenger hunt will receive a Be Our Guest Card, good for two reserved-seat tickets for a regular-season Sunday through Thursday home game.
- Train Rides: Take a ride on the E-Train! Free train rides will be available outside of the United Heritage Center.
- New this Year – Summer Camp Fair: Stop in the United Heritage Center to learn about local summer activities and camps.
–> Individual Game, Season Tickets & Junior Slugger Packages:
Tickets will be available for purchase during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online at www.RoundRockExpress.com. Young fans will be able to sign up for Junior Sluggers in the Railyard Team Store, where you can also check out the annual sale, as well as enter raffles and spin a prize wheel.
See you at the ballpark!