Update: This event is being postponed to September 22 due to rain.
On Saturday, September 22, the Volunteer Fire Department in Spicewood, TX will host their big annual fundraiser, the 27th Annual Destruction Derby. The gates at the Spicewood Fire Hall will open at 4 p.m. and races will start at 6 p.m. Get ready for some smash & crash excitement!
This is the 27th year that the Spicewood VFD-EMS will host this huge event, and every year it gets more exciting for the drivers and the community.
Haven’t been to a demolition derby before? Imagine the crashing! The smashing! The loud cheering! Watching cars (safely — under watchful eye of the EMS) totally ram into one another is pretty darn fun.
- Admission is $10 per adult, $5 per child ages 12 and under. Credit cards, cash and checks will be accepted.
- It gets ridiculously crowded! Arrive early and expect the parking lot to be crammed full of cars. There is bleacher seating, but it will completely fill up. So if you go with the intention of meeting friends, have a plan in place for saving seats.
- Food and drinks will be sold on-site, so bring extra cash for snacks.
- Glass containers and personal coolers will not be allowed.
- No pets.
- Some of the bleachers will be in the blazing sun. So wear a hat and bring sunscreen.
- There are a few indoor bathrooms (with long lines), but there are ample port-a-potties on site. You might want to bring hand sanitizer with you (or whatever might help you and the kids feel clean).
- It is very rowdy and loud. If your little ones are sensitive to noise, this might not be the right event for them. Or plan accordingly with ear plugs or sound-blocking headphones.