If you haven’t had a chance to check out SpringFest at The Backyard in Bee Cave, this is the year to do it! There will be live music, a boat expo, rides and other activities for the kids, beer and wine tasting, a BBQ cook-off, and artisan shopping. The seventh annual festival has made it even easier this year to get in on the fun by including events on the evening of Friday, Apr. 25 in addition to a full day of festivities on Saturday, Apr. 26.
Friday, Apr. 25 at 6 pm, kids can enjoy the football field sized KidZone while parents may enjoy wine tasting at the WineStomp for just $10 for 5 tastings. Click here to see what local wines will be offered.
From 6:45 – 8 pm, families can catch a performance by the The Sassy Spurs, and then at 8 pm everyone is invited to participate in a sing-a-long and viewing of Disney’s Frozen. There will be several food trucks on site where you can purchase food and refreshments.
The fun continues on Saturday, Apr. 26 from 11 am – 7 pm. Browse through over 75 local artisan vendor booths and a boat expo while enjoying live music and performances throughout the day. To quench your thirst, head over to the popular Craft BrewHaus to try out some local beers, $10 for 10 tastings. Kids can enjoy all that the KidZone has to offer, including a zip line, dunk tank, bounce house, bungee trampoline, face-painting and more. Stick around to hear who will be crowned this year’s Lake Travis Rib King when they announce the winners of the BBQ Cook Off at 6 pm.
- 6 – 10 pm: WineStomp, Craft Brewhaus and KidZone
- 8 pm: Disney’s Frozen Sing-A-Long
- 11:30 am – 1 pm: Jeff Hughes and Chaparral (Bluebonnet stage)
- 1:30 pm: TexArts (Live Oak stage)
- 1:30 – 3 pm: FingerPistol (Bluebonnet stage)
- 2:30 pm: Champions Gymnastics (Live Oak stage)
- 3:30 pm: West Austin Dance Academy (Live Oak stage)
- 3:30 – 5 pm: Two Hoots and a Holler (Bluebonnet stage)
- 5:30 pm: Champions Gymnastics (Live Oak stage)
- 5:30 – 7 pm: Doug Moreland (Bluebonnet stage)
- 6 pm: BBQ Cook off announcement (Bluebonnet stage)
Admission to both days of the event is free, while parking is $5 per car on Saturday only. Tickets for the KidZone rides and beer/wine tasting can be purchased on site for a nominal fee.