Get ready for some delicious food, dancing, games and fun at the 82nd annual St. Elias Mediterranean Festival on Friday, Sept. 26 from 6-11 p.m. and Saturday, Sept 27 from noon – 11 p.m. Celebrate Mediterranean culture on the grounds of St. Elias Church on 11th St. between Red River and Trinity, just east of the Texas State Capitol. You won’t want to miss out on authentic Lebanese, Greek and Middle Eastern delicacies.
Named one of Central Texas’ Top 10 Food Festivals by the Austin Chronicle, this event is sure to tempt your taste buds. Famous for its savory and unique food, you’ll find renowned dishes from Lebanon, Palestine, Greece, Eritrea and Romania such as gyros, kibbee, kefta, falafel, baklava, spanakopita and more. Click here for the full menu.
Entertainment and More:
- Shop in the Festival Marketplace including a diverse Orthodox Bazaar.
- Enjoy performances from Arabic and Greek dancing troupes.
- Let the children play games in the Festival’s Kids’ Oasis where they can play games, win prizes, gt their face painted, jump in the bouncy house, enjoy LEGO-themed activities with Snapology of Austin and much, much more.
- LAAND Greek band will perform Friday and Saturday nights at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- DJ Ahmad will play Arabic music on Friday and Saturday nights from 9 – 11 p.m.
- Layalina Ensemble will perform on Saturday at 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Admission is $5 per person. You can purchase your tickets in advance online, in person at all Twin Liquors locations, or you can get tickets at the event.
We are also giving away tickets! All you have to do is click “I like it” on the event listing to be entered for a chance to win a pair of tickets!
Go enjoy! Opa!