Do you have a teen who is a talented artist? The Contemporary Austin is now taking applications for those interested in participating in their Young Artists Program. This is a free arts program in which twenty high school students (ages 14–18) meet over ten consecutive Saturday afternoons this spring. Participants attend workshops and activities designed to foster creative and critical thinking skills.
The application can be found here, and the deadline is Friday, Jan. 9.
Young Artists Participants will:
- Receive one-on-one portfolio reviews
- Participate in a public display of their portfolio on the final day
- Walk away with a CD of high-quality images of their portfolio
- Talk with local artists during guest artist workshops and studio visits
- Attend field trips to local arts institutions, colleges, and studios in Austin
- Receive free bus passes to aid in transportation
- Explore new art mediums and techniques
- Have snacks provided at each meeting
- Be able to apply to work with a local artist-mentor for seven months in 2015!
Select spaces are reserved for students from underserved areas with limited access to arts opportunities in Austin.