You probably hate to admit it, but as a parent, there are a lot of times when you bless the invention of the “Drive-Thru”. They can be a lifesaver when you have a cranky kid that is not presentable in public, or when you just don’t have the energy to unbuckle and buckle that car seat one more time. I am most often grateful for the Drive-Thru when my kid is passed out in the back seat and I am dying for lunch.
Here are my top 5 Drive-Thru haunts
- Taco Shack, North Lamar- Love the almost veggie taco. If you go for breakfast, they have Ruta Maya Coffee (bonus!) and they use farm fresh eggs in their tacos
- Thundercloud Subs, South Lamar- I can’t get past the California Club right now, so good. They have two lines so it moves pretty quickly.
- Hat Creek Burgers, Burnet Road- Best use of an old Arby’s sign! Love the Hot Dang Grain Burgers, and the Turkey Burgers are good too.
- P. Terry’s– Love the buddy’s chicken burger with extra pickle and jalepenos.
- Starbuck’s– It will do in a pinch when you have not had your caffeine fix, plus you can get organic apple juice for the little one. I so miss Emerald City Press though!