It’s that time of year again. Everyone is in anticipation of that famous holiday that lans smack dab in the middle of the shortest month of the year, Valentine’s Day. Sure, everyday is Valentine’s Day with family members, kids and significant others, but this weekend give us all an excuse to kick it up and not get super kitschy and cheesy with it. Following are some neat ideas for ways to spend Valentine’s Day in Austin.
Thursday, Feb. 13
– Valentine’s Day Family Yoga and Cookie Decorating at The Little Yoga House. Cost is $20 per family. Siblings younger than age 4 are welcome but must be supervised. Begins at 5:30 pm.
Friday, Feb. 14
– Catch Austin’s highly awarded, best 80’s cover band Radio Star at Cedar Street Courtyard. Live music from 4 pm to 2 am.
– Painting With A Twist Family Day ‘Candy Hearts’ will be at the North Austin location. Cost is $35 per person. Recommended for ages 7+. Reservations Required. Reserve your spot here. Class is from 4 – 6 pm.
– Valentine’s Day Party & Sale at Millie & Mox children’s boutique. Enjoy Cake Decorating class (cake pop decorating for the kiddos) while you shop for 20 percent off red and pink tagged clothing items. Reservations Required. RSVP at email@example.com. Shopping event is all day. Cake decorating is from 3:30 – 4:30 pm.
Saturday, Feb. 15
– Free Craft For Kids at Lakeshore Learning Center (every Saturday). Kids age 3 and older will make heart-shaped card holders and collage picture frames. Pop in any time between 11 am and 3 pm.
– Daddy Play Date at Toybrary Austin. Play with all kinds of blocks! Free to members, $3 per child for non-members. Begins at 10:30 am.
– Valentine’s Day Escape at Dittmar Recreation Center. Parents attend FREE screening of The Notebook outside at Dittmar Park (or inside if bad weather). Popcorn and blanket will be provided. Enjoy yourselves at the movie or skip out and do something else fun while kids age 5 to 11 have all kinds of kid fun at Dittmar Gym for only $10 per child. Food must be provided by parents. Movie is from 7:30 – 9:30 pm. Childcare from 4 – 10:30 pm.
There you have it.