When is the last time you played games in the park as a family? Not just sitting on the sidelines of the playground, but actually getting in on some fun with the kids? Waller Creek Conservancy invites you to have some active playtime at their free family-friendly Field Day on Saturday, May 12. Visit Palm Park from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for outdoor games, yoga, a rock wall, and performances, too.
Do512 Family is happy to sponsor this first-annual Field Day event because we believe that parks are the ideal place for families to embrace a healthy, active lifestyle. We’re thankful for so many wonderful green spaces in the Austin area and are excited about Waller Creek Conservancy‘s efforts to create a chain of urban parks along Waller Creek.
Stop by the Field Day to enjoy snacks, try yoga, visit with vendors promoting healthy-living resources — and more — at this event sponsored by the St. David’s Foundation. Games, rock wall, and vendors will be set up throughout the morning, but here’s the schedule of special events:
- 8:30 a.m. – Free all-ages yoga class by Yoga N Da Hood
- 9:30 a.m. – Cooking demonstration by Green Ninja Cooks
- 10:30 a.m. – Step team performance by Campbell Elementary students
- 11:30 a.m. – Music performance by Gbeda Acupuncture and Sound Medicine
- Win prizes like tube socks, sweatbands & t-shirts!
- Climb a rock wall.
- Participate in field day activities like sack races and bean bag toss as well as activities from Dance Waterloo & Camp Gladiator.
- Enjoy free snacks from Austin Gourmet Popcorn.
- Register to vote with League of Women Voters of the Austin Area.
- Try food from Tamale Addiction & Yapa Artisan Empanadas (for purchase).
For more fun on May 12, check out our round-up of Do512 Day activities!
We hope you have lots of fun!