Young Guns (kids who wakeboard a lot) and Groms (kids getting a feel for wakeboarding) are invited to partake in an easygoing “contest” that is based on a unique scoring system known as PPG, or Personal Progress and Growth. This system helps track growth, placing the emphasis on skill improvements. It costs $10 to participate.
Entry to the park will be free and ages 8 -16 are welcome to join, no sign up necessary. If your child doesn’t feel like entering the contest, everyone is still welcome to hang out and swim, stand up paddle board, play on the huge 40-foot slip n’ slide, kayak or bring a cooler and enjoy a picnic by the lake.
After the contest, kids can get half-off passes and all ages can try their skills at wakeboarding.
Cost of Daily Passes:
- 2 hours -> $30/$15 (17 & under)
- 4 hour -> $35/$17.50 (17 & under)
- All Day -> $40/$20 (17 & under)
- Pass price includes lifejackets, beginner boards, kneeboards and skis)
- Helmets are $5 – $10 and park boards that will be used on park features (ramps, etc..) are an additional cost.
Check out the Quest ATX website for more info.
Stick around because later that afternoon you can check out the Summer Sounds Series where you can swim around, stand up paddle board and kayak while listening to live bands for just $10. If you want to wakeboard, entry will be $30. Twisted X brewery will provide beer and Mickey’s BBQ will be serving up some food!