Have you had a chance to check out Junk City at the Thinkery? This unique upcycled art experience in their west gallery will be closing on Sunday, Jan. 25. (You can check out our photo review of this exhibit here.) To commemorate JUNK’s successful run, artist Zach Dorn will perform an original live-projection puppet show entitled, “It Was the Coldest Year“, several times during the day on Sunday.
— Puppet Show Schedule:
- 1:00 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
Over the past few months, visitors of all ages stopped in to add their own crafts and creations to this exhibit, adding new stories and ideas to this artistic vision. We hope you can squeeze in a visit before this exhibit is cleared away.
Take note that after JUNK closes, the Thinkery will transform the west gallery into Space 8, a maker lab specifically for 8 to 13-year-olds to use advanced tools and materials to build, tinker and make.
– Dates & Hours: JUNK will be open through Jan. 25, 2015
- Tuesday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., except Wednesday which is open until 8 p.m. for Community Night.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Adults & kids: $9
- Children 0-23 months: FREE
- Seniors: $1 off
- Military: $2 off per family member (up to 5 family members; discount is not available online and must be purchased at front desk admissions)
- Community Nights by donation: Every Wednesday, 5-8 p.m. and Sunday, 5-6 p.m.
Go enjoy one last tour of Junk City!