Calling all Minecraft fans…you don’t want to miss all of the fun planned at the Thinkery’s Family Night on Friday, Jan. 30 from 6-8:30 p.m. Join the Thinkery and the Austin Museum of Digital Art (AMODA) for Family Night, featuring a special screening of Minecraft: The Story of Mojang. (Scroll down for a chance to WIN a family 4-pack of tickets!)
Family Night is a special after-hours experience without the hustle and bustle of a daytime visit. Enjoy an exclusive evening of fun, educational games, and festivities. Refreshments, including food, beer, wine and kid-friendly drinks, will be available onsite for purchase.
— Activities at the Event:
At this Family Night event, there will be digital art for kids and adults alike, including:
- Minecraft: The Story of Mojang – Documentary film screening
- Baron Knoxbury – Live chiptunes performance
- Jerome Morrison – Interactive hologram installation
- Party Time Hexcellent – Interactive dance-pad installation
- Minecraft Game Demo Room – With hands-on play opportunities
- Minecraft Art (curated by AMODA) – Video projection of various Minecraft creations
- Hands-on activities for all ages – In computer programming, digital art, and circuitry
- A raffle to win 1 week of Thinkery’s summer or spring break camp!
Tickets are $13 for members and $15 for non-members. Children age 2 and under are free. Tickets can be purchased online here. A portion of ticket sales will go to support AMODA in delivering its mission to engage the public and artists in the creation, understanding and appreciation of digital art.
We have a family 4-pack of tickets to give away to this event. Winner will be chosen on Thursday, Jan. 29 and will be contacted via email. Please enter below. Good luck!
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to our winner and thanks to everyone who entered!