SXSW isn’t just for adults—it’s for kids, too! On Saturday, March 19, you can join Amazon Music at the Thinkery from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. for Think About Music, an official SXSW event packed with live music and activities led by singer-songwriter Lisa Loeb, two-time GRAMMY-nominated duo The Pop Ups, and more. FREE with regular Thinkery admission (and totally free for members or SXSW badgeholders)!
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Gibson Foundation Tour Bus – Hop inside the Gibson Foundation’s Tour Bus and see what it’s like to be a rock star.
- 10 a.m. | Make a Puppet with The Pop-Ups – The Pop-Ups will help you become puppeteers.
- 11 a.m. | Design a Cuica with Lisa Loeb – Vibrating string makes a funny sound when Lisa Loeb helps you design your own cuica (pronounced KWEE-kah) a musical instrument popular in Brazil.
- 11 a.m. | The Pop-Ups
- 12 p.m. | Crazy Kazoos with Dan Bern – Make some noise and crazy tunes with Dan Bern.
- 12 p.m. | Sing-a-long with Lisa Loeb
- 12:30 p.m. | Lisa Loeb – CD & Book Signing
- 1 p.m. | Little Songwriters with The Not-Its! – Help The Not-Its! write a song about our favorite city, Austin!
- 2 p.m. | Stinky & Dirty Songs performed by Dan Bern
- 3 p.m. | The Not-Its!
- 4 p.m. | Stinky & Dirty Songs performed by Dan Bern
- 3-6 p.m. | Happy Hour – Kick back with the kids. We’ll wrap up the day with a cash bar including snacks, kid- friendly drinks, beer and wine.
–> Admission: These special events are free with regular admission:
- Visitors: $9
- Children (0-23 months): FREE
- Seniors: $1 off
- Military: $2 off per family member, up to 5 family members.
For more information, please visit the Thinkery Facebook event page.