Located in Cedar Creek, TX between Austin and Bastrop, the Dinosaur Park is an awesome destination for dino-lovers of all ages! Situated in a woodsy nature trail, you’ll find GIANT dino replicas among the trees, making it easy to imagine real dinosaurs in a natural environment. Our Content Manager and her family recently visited the park and had a very fun adventure. You can check out her photos below and read more about taking this little day trip.
My family has been to the Dinosaur Park just a few times in the past, and on each visit, we’ve been delighted to see new dinos and plenty of park upgrades. It had been about two years since our last trip to the park, and we had a great time checking out all that was new to us.
When you arrive, you’ll head through a little gift shop full of every dinosaur-themed toy you could imagine. You can purchase your park tickets inside the shop and be sure to grab a free copy of the scavenger hunt challenge card to take with you on the trail. Through the shop, you’ll head out the back door to enter the park.
You can walk the trail at your own pace, stopping to see amazing dino sculptures at every turn. (Just be sure to stay on the trail to avoid poison oak or snakes.) There are several photo ops, too, so be sure to bring the camera.
When you’ve completed the trail, you can spend time in the picnic area by the gift shop. You’ll find covered picnic tables, fossil dig tables, a small playground and swings.
–> What to Know Before You Go: The Dinosaur Park website offers these tips to help you plan your visit:
- Wear comfortable walking shoes (instead of sandals or high heel shoes), the gravel trail is half-a-mile long.
- Wear sunscreen, hat, and/or insect repellent if desired.
- Customers are welcome to bring food and drinks. Glass containers and alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Picnic areas are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
- The Dinosaur Park is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is prohibited throughout The Park, and is allowed only in the parking lot.
- Parking is free.
–> Admission & Hours: Admission is $7 per person and free for children under 24 months. Hours vary by season. Click here to view their calendar.
We hope you have a great time!