Filling the summer days with engaging activities can be challenging, especially when you’re on a budget. That’s why we get so excited about the annual Children’s Day Art Park! Every Wednesday morning from June 10 through July 29, The Austin Symphony will host a magical morning for families at Symphony Square Amphitheater. For only 50 cents per child, you can experience local musicians, storytellers, dancers, magicians, mimes and craftspeople. Kids can try their hands at art projects, enjoy Ballet Folklorico performances and the sounds of Latin Jazz, talk to members of the symphony and visit the Instrument Petting Zoo (where they can see, touch and try to play the instruments). Children’s Day Art Park is a great Wednesday tradition!
— Dates & Time:
- Wednesday mornings, June 10 – July 29 (except July 1st)
- Gates open at 9 a.m. for activities and Instrument Petting Zoo
- Performances begin at 9:50 a.m.
- Art Tent activities until 11:30 a.m.
— Admission: 50¢ a child, adults free when accompanied by a child
— 2015 Performance Schedule:
- June 10 – Beto y Los Fairlanes
- June 17 – The Biscuit Brothers – CANCELLED due to weather conditions
- June 24 – Joe McDermott
- July 1 – No Children’s Day…Happy July 4th!
- July 8 – The Hey Lollies
- July 15 – Lehman High School Mariachi Band
- July 22 – Sara Hickman (plus the annual Teddy Bear Picnic)
- July 29 – Mr Johnny and Sharon