Calling all candy architects! Gingerbread season returns to the Thinkery Sunday, December 6 through Thursday, December 24. Let the staff at the Thinkery do all the prep, gather all of the sweet supplies and guide you and the kids in building a gloriously delicious gingerbread abode. (And spare your kitchen from the mess.)
Scroll below for a chance to win 4 tickets to a Traditional or Tot Gingerbread Workshop, plus the materials for two gingerbread houses!
— Traditional Gingerbread Workshops
These hour-long workshops provide everything needed to build and decorate a gingerbread house using real gingerbread and a variety of candies. Take your creation home to enjoy.
— Tot Gingerbread Workshops
Gingerbread Tot Workshops are available for families with children ages 5 and under. These feature easy to build houses and candy decorations sized for little makers.
Pricing for either the traditional or tot workshops are:
- $5 Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
- $10 Non-Member Adult or Child Workshop Fee
- $20 per Gingerbread House (Every group must purchase at least one house)
— Tech Gingerbread Workshops (Ages 8 & up)
Combine the science of circuitry with the art of making gingerbread houses. This twist on a classic will incorporate lights and spinning parts with a cool winter theme.
- $40 1 Member Child + 1 Member Adult (includes 1 Gingerbread House)
- $44 1 Non-Member Child + 1 Non-Member Adult (includes 1 Gingerbread House)
- $30 1 Extra Member Child (includes 1 Gingerbread House)
- $32 1 Extra Non-Member Child (includes 1 Gingerbread House)
–> Registration for the Workshops: For more information and to reserve your tickets go to: http://thinkeryaustin.org/programs-events/gingerbread/
–> Giveaway! Enter for a chance to win 4 tickets to a Traditional or Tot Gingerbread Workshop, plus the materials for two gingerbread houses! The lucky winner will be selected Friday, December 4.