Back in November, we told you about an amazing new school that is opening in Fall 2014. Integrity Academy at Casa de Luz will be a unique learning environment for ages 3 – 18, where classes will have multiple ages, multiple teachers and no “grades”. You can read our thoughts about the school here.
Integrity Academy wants to teach adults too. And they’re doing this by holding community events at the beautiful Casa de Luz at reduced rates, donation-based rates, or for free! Classes that ask for donations are collecting the money for scholarship funds for Integrity Academy. This is what they will be offering in the following months:
Joe Carr: Dealing with Difficult People – Thursday, Jan. 23 from 7 – 8:30 pm in Cielo South Room
- This FREE session will cover techniques that will help us identify the underlying needs behind feelings and behaviors. We have been taught to communicate using judgments like good, bad, right, wrong, should and shouldn’t which often increase tension and cause a defensive and/or rebellious reaction. This class will help you deescalate tension and build connection, cooperation and harmony in difficult situations. Joe Carr has four years experience teaching this communication model to youth and educators. There will be open discussion, participatory exercises and role-plays.
Kundalini Yoga with Robin Dharampal Bruce – Every Saturday from 10:30 am – 12 pm until April 26 (no class March 1) in the Cielo North Room
- This special series is for anyone looking to facilitate the growth of their inner creative force. Class is a suggested donation of $10.
Chakra Theory: Level I with Robin Dharampal Bruce – Every Saturday from 12 – 1:30 pm until Feb. 22 in the Cielo North Room
- Chakra Theory is a series of workshops focusing on alignment of the chakras through yoga, meditation and sound healing. Class will explore each chakra individually to cultivate our chakra experience in order to build a home practice. This class is taught as a series, however, it it available as a drop-in class with a suggested donation of $10. First class is free if you sign up for the series.
Transformative Storytelling with David Sewell McCann of Sparkle Stories – Saturday, Jan. 25 from 5 – 7 pm in the Auditorium
- David Sewell McCann has been engaged in storytelling all of his adult life through art, film-making, teaching and performing. Out of his experience as a Waldorf class teacher and parent, he has developed a method of trans formative storytelling which he now shares in workshops around the US. Class is a $20 suggested donation, RSVP at email@example.com.
Nia Technique: Chakras Class Series with Julie Wylie – Various dates from 2 – 3:30 pm in the Cielo South Room
- Along the spine are energy centers of the ethereal energy – chi. These centers, or chakras, are located near the major nerve plexus of the body. Moving energy through these points increases and balances your body’s energy. When your chakras are strong, balanced and filled with energy, your body is strong – physically, mentally and emotionally. Julie Wylie will be teaching you how to channel and self-heal through these chakras. Class is free, donations for the scholarship fund at Integrity Academy will be happily accepted.
Dates and chakras:
- Saturday, Feb. 22 -> Solar Plexus
- Saturday, Mar. 22 -> Heart
- Saturday, Apr. 19 -> Throat
- Saturday, May 17 -> Third Eye
- Saturday, June 14 -> Crown
Take advantage of these low-cost or free classes designed to help you be a self-actualized adult.